Just an fyi…
As some of you know, I am a member of the Greater Lehigh Valley Writers Group (2011 Conference Chair and Ex Officio). Their conference GLVWG’s “Write Stuff” as far as I’m concerned is one of the best writer’s conferences out there and it’s in its 22nd year.
Last year I had the opportunity to interview the entire conference faculty (presenters, editors and agents). Yes, lots of work but very rewarding. Those interviews are still on this blog around the January-March 2014 time. This year I will be doing more interviews as well (not all of them though) plus share any good tidbits I learn along the way.
Click Here for more information about the conference but I’m also sharing some of its highlights.
- If you are wondering, the keynote this year is Kristen Lamb,author of the new best-selling book, “Rise of the Machines–Human Authors in a Digital World” along with #1 best-selling books “We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media” and “Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer.”
- Conference runs March 26 -28, 2015.
- There is a Thursday all-day workshop with Kristen Lamb, a Thursday evening Writer’s Cafe, plus additional Friday morning workshops.
- Then Friday evening is one of the best!! The welcome reception is a great way to mingle with other attendees, volunteers and the conference faculty.
- As for the rest of conference…it’s full of opportunity. Check it out:
- 22 interactive sessions with industry leading authors, editors and agents
- Continental breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon snacks
- Page Cuts critique on Friday evening (Limited attendance, register early)
- Pitch Practice sessions Friday evening.
- Agent/editor pitch sessions on Saturday (Limited sessions, register early)
- Lunch and Keynote Speaker Kristen Lamb: Boy Am I Glad I Didn’t Get a Real Job
- Friday evening welcome reception with hors d’oeuvres, cash bar, and networking
- Flash Fiction writing contest with prizes
- Book fair
Stay tuned for more and Happy Writing!